“…to expedite the approval of, and continuing review of, biomedical research involving human subjects that will ensure the protection of their rights, safety and well-being…”.
We will accomplish this goal by ensuring:
- That the study is well designed and has a reasonable expectation to meet its goals,
- The potential risk to the study participant is not overshadowed by the potential scientific advancement,
- Respect for the study participant by ensuring confidentiality of patient information, procedures involved in the study are reasonable and that the study participant understands what they have consented to.
- That all Investigators and Board members understand and follow the appropriate ethical and regulatory guidelines.
- New technologies or processes are embraced that enhance the strive for excellence in research and research.